I have a blackberry 9900, my battery last about 4 hours. I have Facebook. whatsapp, twitter and wechat. After doing the following steps it was clear that twitter was using the CPU a lot more then the other applications, I went to twitter application in settings my phone was refreshing feeds every 5 minutes. I set it to 1 hour and now my battery lasts up to 40% longer.
- Click on the Wrench/Options on your main screen.
- Choose “Device”.
- Choose “Application Management”.
- Scroll the screen over to the right by one screen.
- The next screen should be titled “CPU”.
- Put your cursor over the words “CPU” and press the trackpad, then change the “Now” to “Today”
I hope this post helps people !